From: Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP>
Subject: Re: Ada.Text_IO.Get_Line issue in windows
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 10:08:43 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2015-06-03T10:08:43+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2015-06-03, Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> wrote:
> tornenvi <tornenvi@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>   Is this a bug in the windows builds of GNAT?
>
> It took me some time to realise that Emacs was automatically adding a
> linefeed to the end of the example file.

That behaviour is adjustable in Emacs and the default with early versions
of Emacs was _not_ to add the line terminator to the final record in the
file.

I have had the following line in my .emacs since the 1990s:

	(setq require-final-newline t)

However, your comment above implies that the default has changed so I
don't know if that's now obsolete in the very latest Emacs versions.

Simon.