* How to find ADA on net?
@ 1997-11-26  0:00 Gilbert Cheung
From: Gilbert Cheung @ 1997-11-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi. I heard someone said ADA is a software for writing an OS. Is it true? I
am keen to find the method of writing OSes. Where and how to find it? Can I
find it on the net? Please show me the way.

Gilbert

* Re: How to find ADA on net?
@ 1997-11-26  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1997-11-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <65gld2$1jc$1@imsp009a.netvigator.com>, "Gilbert Cheung"
<cgilbert@netvigator.com> wrote:

>Hi. I heard someone said ADA is a software for writing an OS. Is it true? I
>am keen to find the method of writing OSes. Where and how to find it? Can I
>find it on the net? Please show me the way.

You heard correct: Ada is indeed the best language that exists for systems
programming, and it is ideally suited for writing operating systems.

You can get lots o' cool info (FAQs, books, tutorials, etc) at the Ada home page

<http://www.adahome.com/>

You can also get a free, high-quality Ada compiler:

<ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/>

that comes complete with documentation and source code.  Cool, huh?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ada!

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
<mailto:matthew_heaney@acm.org>