From: mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: Strings in Ada83
Date: 1997/10/18
Date: 1997-10-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3443D8AF.D9CD4393@morden.csee.usf.edu>, "Scott Dick (CS)"
<dick@morden.csee.usf.edu> wrote:

>Is there
>anywhere I might be able to find out the amount of Ada code that
>currently exists? (e.g. # of lines of code currently in systems, # of
>lines of code written each year, something along those lines?)

This is the kind of research Boehm et al did when they investigated the
issue of whether to get rid of the Ada mandate.  Their report is called Ada
and Beyond, ISBN 0-309-05597-0, and I think it's available via the National
Academy Press.

<http://www.nap.com>

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant