* Issueing Commands
@ 1997-10-11  0:00 Robert A. Thompson
From: Robert A. Thompson @ 1997-10-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have recently posted about command line arguements and have a very
nice program on how to retrieve the command line paramters passed to me
from a program, but I was wondering how you could issue some command
line arguements.  e.g. dir, copy, move, etc...    That way when calling
say dir.adb I could have it emulate an ls... or could just right batch
files as ada exacutables.  If some one could help me out with some
decent starter code or gett me going I would really appreciate it.

Robert A. Thompson

* Re: Issueing Commands
@ 1997-10-15  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1997-10-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <343F32CC.5BF4@unx1.shsu.edu>, stdrat01@unx1.shsu.edu wrote:

>I have recently posted about command line arguements and have a very
>nice program on how to retrieve the command line paramters passed to me
>from a program, but I was wondering how you could issue some command
>line arguements.  e.g. dir, copy, move, etc...

How would you do it in another language?  In C there is the system
subprogram in <stdlib.h>: can you pragma Import that?

Is POSIX available in your implementation?  There may be operations to do
that sort of thing.

Calls like dir and copy may mean calling an OS specific routine.  What
routines are available for the O/S you're using?  Can you pragma Import
them?

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
<mailto:matthew_heaney@acm.org>