* Design_Patterns for Ada?
@ 1997-10-10  0:00 Mars Gralia
From: Mars Gralia @ 1997-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: folks --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 742 bytes --]

Folks,

I'm considering taking an in-house course on "Design Patterns".  It's
based on the book:
  Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
  Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides
  Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series, 1995
  416 pages ISBN 0-201-63361-2

a) I need advice:  is this concept of any value to a guy who
   refuses (or is too old) to learn C++ ?

b) I need code:
   I'm having troubles decoding the examples because I don't
   understand the intricacies of C++.

   I'm looking for a set of Ada95 code snippets that correspond to
   the existing code segments.

   Where can I get such a thing?

Thanks,
Mars Gralia, D.Sc.
Applied Physics Laboratory

(end of message)

* Re: Design_Patterns for Ada?
@ 1997-10-10  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1997-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <343E823D.167E@jhuapl.edu>, Mars Gralia <mars.gralia@jhuapl.edu>
wrote:

>b) I need code:
>   I'm having troubles decoding the examples because I don't
>   understand the intricacies of C++.
>
>   I'm looking for a set of Ada95 code snippets that correspond to
>   the existing code segments.
>
>   Where can I get such a thing?

At the SIGAda home page:

http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/patterns/

I wrote up many of the examples in the book in Ada 95; I finished almost
half the book.  I've been inactive for a while (I took a detour to learn
predicate calculus), but will be returning to it shortly.  Let me know if
you have any questions or comments.

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
<mailto:matthew_heaney@acm.org>