From: mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: Looking for Software Engineering Textbooks
Date: 1997/02/09
Date: 1997-02-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <hazlewlj-0502971359110001@ljh_14.aston.ac.uk>,
hazlewlj@aston.ac.uk (Les Hazlewood) wrote:

>I'm looking for suitable textbooks on software engineering that use "Ada"
>(either Ada83 or better Ada95) to illustrate the principles involved, and
>in more detail than in (say) Sommerville's Software Engineering book.
>
>I'm seeking books with the same sort of flavour as:
>Sommerville & Morrison: Software Development with Ada, 1987, Addison-Wesley
>
>Is there anything similar to this available?  Any replies (Email or post)
>will be gratefully recieved.

The closest I can think of would be the 3rd ed of Booch's Software
Engineering with Ada, which has Ada 9X information.

You  may want to check out the Ada homepage, too; visit the books section.

<http://www.adahome.com>

Bruce Blum had some stuff in his book Software Engineering, A Holistic
View, but it's probably closer to the Sommerville SE book (not the Ada one)
in level of detail.

Sadly, Sommerville backed out some of the Ada examples and replaced them
with C++ in the latest ed, which he justified (if I remember correctly)
because of its "popularity."  What's wrong with these guys?

You may want to take a look at Pressman's book, too.  It's also in a new
edition.

>Les Hazlewood

matt

Matthew Heaney