From: mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: What are Ada file extensions?
Date: 1997/11/04
Date: 1997-11-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <345EE381.799B@xperts.hu>, Guest <guest@xperts.hu> wrote:

>What filename extensions Ada source files have? GNAT uses .ada, .adb,
>.ads, but as I know there are many implementation with many set of
>filename extensions.

The notion of "files" is outside of the RM, so it's not quite correct to
speak about the filename extensions that "Ada" source files have.  It
definately depends on the compilation environment.

Note that some compilers, as GNAT or DEC Ada, can take file names other
than their default.

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
<mailto:matthew_heaney@acm.org>