From: mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: Information Request
Date: 1997/07/04
Date: 1997-07-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <01bc8190$f18db140$82b45ec3@newart.artel.it>, "Valerio
Bellizzomi" <net@artel.it> wrote:

>Do anyone can send me a catalog or similar document concerning ADA
>distributors in Italy ?
>I'm very interested to buy an ADA programming environment, but I know
>nothing about the ADA market because I'm new to it.
>I've already studied the ADA Reference Manual in the last two years, but
>now I want to begin programming because I'va a big project to start.

Visit the Ada home page, at

<http://www.adahome.com>

There'll be a list of vendors there.

BTW: Ada is not an acronym, and therefore is never capitalized (otherwise,
over here on this side of the Atlantic, we're liable to think you mean the
American Dental Association).  The language was named in honor of a woman,
Lady Ada Lovelace, the daughter of Lord Byron and the assistent to Charles
Babbage.  She gets the prize for being the worlds first programmer, before
there were even computers!

Good luck with Ada!

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant