* GPS detection of files and units not used any more
@ 2015-03-18 10:14 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-18 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a messy structure of code with a directory GPS does not use where I store ada units I am decommissioning but which I still want access to "in case".

I'm transitioning to a new project file structure and I want to detect the units which are not used anymore.

Does anyone know of a feature which will do this in GPS?

* Re: GPS detection of files and units not used any more
@ 2015-03-18 10:47 ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2015-03-18 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 18/03/2015 11:14, tonyg a écrit :

> I have a messy structure of code with a directory GPS does not use
> where I store ada units I am decommissioning but which I still want
> access to "in case".
>

> I'm transitioning to a new project file structure and I want to
> detect the units which are not used anymore.
>
> Does anyone know of a feature which will do this in GPS?

IIUC, you mean files not used by the project, not units that are withed
but not used, right?

I would say that the simplest thing would be to move to your new project
the files that you know for certain are required, and then try to
recompile. The compiler will complain about missing files; move these,
and iterate until you get a clean compile.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

* Re: GPS detection of files and units not used any more
@ 2015-03-18 10:51   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-18 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I suspect there are some in the second too :) theres nothing for it but to go manual :)

* Re: GPS detection of files and units not used any more
@ 2015-03-18 11:49 ` jan.de.kruyf
From: jan.de.kruyf @ 2015-03-18 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

from google:

"Used by tools like gnatxref and gnatfind to provide cross-reference information."

So maybe read the gnat users guide.

Have fun

j.