From: mcriley@BIX.com (mcriley on BIX)
Subject: GNAT & POSIX
Date: 27 Feb 95 00:21:23 GMT
Date: 1995-02-27T00:21:23+00:00	[thread overview]

I've got version 2.03 of GNAT for DOS and I can't get GNATBL
to link my test program.

To test out linking C code with GNAT, I wrote a package spec
that declares the C routines, then used pragma Import to bring
them in.  Then I have a main program that calls these routines.

When using GNATBL to link I get an abundance of 'Undefined
references', _not_ referring to the C routines I'm linking, those
are resoved quite nicely, but of a whole slew of POSIX threads
functions.  These are all coming out of Interfaces.C.POSIX_<stuff>.

In no way, shape, or form, am I knowingly interacting with POSIX,
and I'd rather keep it that way if possible!  It seems that these
functions are brought in as a side-effect of including a
pragma Import(C, ...).

I've been wrestling with this for several days and any assistance
would be most welcome.  Thanks.

Marc A. Criley