From: mcriley@BIX.com (mcriley on BIX)
Subject: Re: Easy ADA question from a hapless Newbie
Date: 25 Oct 94 22:17:21 GMT
Date: 1994-10-25T22:17:21+00:00	[thread overview]

A.J.Jones@bradford.ac.uk (AJ JONES) writes:

>Can anyone help me ? Im new to ADA, used to PASCAL.  Is there a way of ending a loop
>such as a while loop, etc, by jumping to the end of that loop.  There used to be a
>command in Pascal that would let you do this. I think it was something like stop. I
>know that halt stopped the entire program.

>Thanks

>Adam

Do you want to "jump to the end of that loop" so as to exit?
If so, use the "exit" statement, perhaps with the "when" modifier.

Do you want to skip over all the statements after a given condition
occurs and cycle back to the top of the loop?
If so, use an "if" statement and place all the conditionally executed
statements within it.

Marc A. Criley