* LSEs for Ada
@ 1994-09-30 21:34 David M. Tannen
From: David M. Tannen @ 1994-09-30 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Help.  We are looking for an LSE for a project I am on.  We know about
emacs and its add-on and we also know about Rational's APEX.  APEX looks
great except for the price.  We can put together many of the parts that
make up APEX pretty easily w/ what we already have at my site.  But we
don't have an LSE.  And emacs isnt' enouth.

If someone knows about an LSE for Sun that supports Ada please let me
know.  Featurewise ~ Brief (a DOS product) or SpeedEdit (SCO ODT
product):  syntax help, templates, smart indenting, macros and keyboard
macros, compile and link from the menu.

Thanks in advance.

A servant of Christ,

--
David Tannen (tannend@source.asset.com)                 TeamAda Member
Christian Acronyms: B.I.B.L.E.=Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

* Re: LSEs for Ada
@ 1994-10-01  0:31 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-10-01  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36i09f$h02@source.asset.com>,
David M. Tannen <tannend@source.asset.com> wrote:
>Help.  We are looking for an LSE for a project I am on.  We know about
>emacs and its add-on and we also know about Rational's APEX.  APEX looks
>great except for the price.  We can put together many of the parts that
>make up APEX pretty easily w/ what we already have at my site.  But we
>don't have an LSE.  And emacs isnt' enouth.

I know GammaTech Utilities has an LSE that runs on the SGI, but I'm
not sure about the Sun (I'm betting "Yes").  Sorry, no address, etc.
:-(

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada

* Re: LSEs for Ada
@ 1994-10-01  2:33 ` Bevin R. Brett
From: Bevin R. Brett @ 1994-10-01  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36i09f$h02@source.asset.com>, tannend@source.asset.com (David M. Tannen) writes...

Look into the one from Grammartech, or do a better customisation of the GNU
Emacs one

/Bevin
Digital

ps: I have no financial involvement with Grammartech

* Re: LSEs for Ada
@ 1994-10-01 13:27   ` mcriley on BIX
From: mcriley on BIX @ 1994-10-01 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

GrammaTech is in Ithaca, NY.  Their AdaAssured product consists of an
LSE, a pretty printer, a style checker, and possibly more.  (Their
demo tape will be arriving this coming week.)

AdaAssured runs on the SG, Sun (SunOS and Solaris), HP, DEC Alpha
(OSF/1) and VAX (Ultrix).

I'd give you the phone number except that the material is at work and
I can't remember it.

Marc A. Criley