From: mazzanti@iei.pi.cnr.it (Franco Mazzanti)
Subject: Re: What Happened While I Wasn't Looking?
Date: 1997/04/09
Date: 1997-04-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> >     I'm impressed.  Apparently 13.3(13) can be read to say: If an ad-
> >dress clause causes a bad effect, then the specified address was invalid
> >and the program is erroneous.  I certainly don't get any comfort out of
> >such a flexible reading.
>
> Well, I think 13.3(13) is pretty broad.  It allows the implementation a
> lot of freedom in declaring things erroneous.  ...
>
> - Bob

13.3(13) also allows the implementation a lot of freedom in not declaring
anything.

There is no "documentation requirement" nor any "implementation advice"
suggesting implementation to give some advice about when an address is
valid or not. Still the responsibility on the erroneousness of the code
is given totally the programmer.

Franco Mazzanti
(mazzanti@iei.pi.cnr.it)