* File pointers
@ 1998-04-16  0:00 SiliconJesus
From: SiliconJesus @ 1998-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if there is any command that will reset the pointer of the
file to the head of the file, I was trying to read in data of sizes
10,50,100,500,1000 from a data file size 1000, I ended up reading in the
1000 and just sending in bits of the array to my procedures, the text I
have Ada95 by Feldman is very weak in talking about files, so any on-line
references would be greatly appreciated.

				,.   '\'\    ,---.
				| \\  l\\l_ //    |     ~NARF!!
				|  \\/ `/  `.|    |
				| Y |   |   ||  Y |
				|  \|   |   |\ /  |
				\   |  o|o  | >  /
				 \___\_--_ /_/__/
				 /.-\(____) /--.\
				 `--(______)----'
				     U// U / \
				     / \  / /|
|    John M. Softich                | " I wanna live, I wanna love       |
|  softichj@cs.montana.edu          |      but it's a long hard          |
|  Montana State University         |       road out of hell! "          |
|  Http://cs.montana.edu/~softichj  |                ~Manson             |

* Re: File pointers
@ 1998-04-16  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1998-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.980416094109.17872A-100000@esus.cs.montana.edu>,
SiliconJesus <softichj@cs.montana.edu> wrote:

>I was wondering if there is any command that will reset the pointer of the
>file to the head of the file, I was trying to read in data of sizes
>10,50,100,500,1000 from a data file size 1000, I ended up reading in the
>1000 and just sending in bits of the array to my procedures, the text I
>have Ada95 by Feldman is very weak in talking about files, so any on-line
>references would be greatly appreciated.

The procedure Reset moves the file pointer back to the beginning of the file.