From: matthew_heaney@acm.org (Matthew Heaney)
Subject: Re: String Manipulation - Help Needed
Date: 1998/04/05
Date: 1998-04-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <x3g0MCAC5AK1EwY0@roslyn.demon.co.uk>, Howard Davies
<Howard@roslyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a sentence stored in a string and I need to remove all spaces and
>punctuation from the string.
>My 600 page Ada book just says that this requies advanced packages that
>are beyond the scope of the book.
>Can someone help me out?

There are packages that come with the language to do what you want.  The
packages are

Ada.Strings.Fixed
Ada.Strings.Bounded
Ada.Strings.Unbounded
Ada.Strings.Maps
Ada.Characters.Handling

The Trim subprograms can remove whitespace from a string.  Maybe you can
make use of the character mapping functions too.