From: Howard Davies <Howard@roslyn.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: String Manipulation - Help Needed
Date: 1998/04/07
Date: 1998-04-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.891958926@merv>, Robert Dewar <dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu>
writes
>It is not credible that any book says any such idiotic thing. A perfectly
>trivial little program can do this. In fact it is quite suitable as a
>beginning assignment in Ada!

The book is "Rendezvous with Ada 95", must be one of the worst
instructional books I've ever used. Anything beyond the most elementary
techniques and you are constantly referred to the Ada 95 reference
manual -  an absolute cop out and little help to someone trying to learn
the language.

The reference manual doesn't help much either, totallty uninspired
reading.

The task should be easy. I've already written it in C, Perl, Haskell and
Java and it was easy, but not in Ada.

--
Howard Davies           Howard@roslyn.demon.co.uk