* Where is ad_siph.adb (GNAT)
@ 2001-09-03 14:05 Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2001-09-03 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have an GUI application written with GNAT 3.13p. When the program
exits, I always get a CONTRAINT_ERROR from ad_siph.adb:143, but I have
no idea what ad_siph is and where I can find the reason for this
exception. Can someone tell me where I can find the ad_siph.adb or what
it is ?

* Re: Where is ad_siph.adb (GNAT)
@ 2001-09-03 14:33 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-09-03 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada; +Cc: Alfred.Hilscher

The usual procedure for finding a file when you know its name is to
use the Find or Search menu item (depending on which version of
Windows you're running.  Doing this on my system reveals the
following:

ad_siph is a component of the ADAGIDE GUI IDE.

The following description is found near the top of the file.

--  Description : runs another executable, echoing all I/O
--                to screen/file until it sees AD_OFF
--                to file (only) until it sees AD_ON
--                from the Run menu:
--  Usage:
--    AD_SIPH <output_filename> <command_name> [command_arguments]
--

There is additional information in the file, including means to
contact the author.

@ 2001-09-03 16:12 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-09-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>I have an GUI application written with GNAT 3.13p. When the program
>exits, I always get a CONTRAINT_ERROR from ad_siph.adb:143, but I have
>no idea what ad_siph is and where I can find the reason for this
>exception. Can someone tell me where I can find the ad_siph.adb or what
>it is ?

AD_Siph is part of a trace-back tool (AD) in AdaGIDE.
The original DOS version was a hack to deturn the standard
output, but only when an appropriate key string is detected
(a small message coming with an Ada exception). Surely the
Windows version does a similar job.
You also surely run your app from AdaGIDE and there seems to be
a problem with AD. Just run your .exe directly.
BTW you could benefit much from the *integrated* trace-back that
comes with GNAT 3.13p+ (simple but alas not yet trivial to use).

* Re: Where is ad_siph.adb (GNAT)
@ 2001-09-04  7:45 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2001-09-04  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
> AD_Siph is part of a trace-back tool (AD) in AdaGIDE.
> The original DOS version was a hack to deturn the standard
> output, but only when an appropriate key string is detected
> (a small message coming with an Ada exception). Surely the
> Windows version does a similar job.

Many thanks.

> You also surely run your app from AdaGIDE and there seems to be
> a problem with AD. Just run your .exe directly.

This work fine.

> BTW you could benefit much from the *integrated* trace-back that
> comes with GNAT 3.13p+ (simple but alas not yet trivial to use).

What is 3.13p+ (and where get it from) ? I have the 3.13p, downloaded
last year.