From: "Beard, Frank" <beardf@spawar.navy.mil>
To: "'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: Using renaming declarations to make private subprograms visib le
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:26:10 -0400
Date: 2001-08-29T13:26:10-04:00	[thread overview]

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Woodcraft [mailto:mattheww@chiark.greenend.org.uk]

> Matthew,
> But Ada.String.Unbounded.To_String is a function which return an
> Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String. The function which I want to
> make visible is its implicitly-defined cousin, which returns a Token.

You're right.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I think the only
"quick" way, short of Steve's perfectly reasonable option, it to
do the following:

with Ada.Strings.Unbounded;

package Foo is

   type Token_Type is private;

   function To_Token (Source : String) return Token_Type;

 --function To_String (Source : Token_Type) return String;
   function To_Token_String (Source : Token_Type) return String;

private

   type Token_Type is new Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String;

   function To_Token (Source : String) return Token_Type
     renames To_Unbounded_String;

-- function To_String (Source : Token_Type) return String
--   renames To_String;
   function To_Token_String (Source : Token_Type) return String
     renames To_String;

end Foo;

Frank