From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: gnat ada  DLL and VB
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:12:04 -0400
Date: 2001-08-13T15:12:04-04:00	[thread overview]

VB is certainly very sophisticated in every way (even from its first
version) although its sophistication has lead it to be more specialized to
the user world and not as general purpose as Ada or C/C++.

A good programmer know's that laziness on now will mean long term
maintenance problems. No execuse for it. One of the key personal reasons I
started using Ada, it forces me to write code that works the first time (if
it compiles chances are it works....) and I can read later :-)

As for the runtime side, C/C++ is very lazy on the runtime side, just think
about all that bounds checking C/C++ does :-)

David Botton