From: "Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <rleif@rleif.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: ADCL
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:04:00 -0700
Date: 2001-07-18T20:04:00-07:00	[thread overview]

From: Bob Leif
To: Al Christians et al.
From: the ADA DEVELOPERS COOPERATIVE LICENSE (Draft), Version 0.3 by Robert
C. Leif
"??" means these numbers are my first guess.

Section 4.3. The measurement of software units will by a tool based on the
Ada Semantic Interface Specification. This tool will measure (Linked Lines
of Source Text or Feature Points ??) with the complexity term based on Ada
semantics.

1.26. "Feature Points" means a super set of function points which was
defined by the Software Productivity Research, Inc. in 1986, as cited in
What Are Function Points? by Capers Jones, Chairman, Software Productivity
Research, Inc. (http://www.spr.com/library/0funcmet.htm. Last visited 29
October, 1998. Feature Points add the number of algorithms to the parameters
employed to measure Function Points.

1.27. "Original Lines of Source Text" means a unit of software which is
defined as the total number of semicolons (';') minus the sum of
) the semicolons contained within comments.
) 0.75?? times the semicolons contained in renaming declarations.
) 0.75?? times  the semicolons contained in subtype declarations which do
not include a range.

1.28. "Linked Lines of Source Text" means a unit of software which is
defined as the total number of semicolons which would be actually used in
the linked Executable if
) all loop structures remained intact (no unrolling);
) all instantiations of generics are treated as the equivalent of the source
text which would have been created without the use of the generic;
) all instances of inherited subprograms of tagged types are treated as the
equivalent of the source text which would have been created without the use
of the tagged type.
Lines of code is a crude approximation to get us going.

R. C. Leif, "Ada Developers Cooperative License (Draft) Version 0.3", Ada
letters XIX, No 1 pp. 97-107 (1999).