From: ANH_VO@udlp.com
To: codesavvy@aol.com (codesavvy), comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re[2]: Ada The Best Language?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:40:22 -0500
Date: 2001-07-18T09:40:22-05:00	[thread overview]

Codesavvy, for a start, can a linked list be implemented in C++ without pointer?

Subject:    Re: Ada The Best Language?
Author: codesavvy@aol.com (codesavvy)
Date:       7/18/01 3:35 AM

Just to be clear.  I think Ada 95 is a fine programming language that
is suitable for many programming problems.  It may even offer more
advantages than C++ but if it does the differences are not significant
in my mind.  For a programming language to be considered vastly
superior (many Ada advocates do consider Ada to be vastly superior) I
believe that developers utilizing the language should show a
substantial increase in productivity or it should solve a class(es) of
programming problems that another language can't.  I know the second
reason doesn't necessarily mean the language is vastly superior for
all programming problems but it is something to consider.  There may
be some studies that show developers to be significantly more
productive.  If there are I would be interested in reviewing such
studies.  Also I would be interested in those programming problems
that Ada 95 solves that C++ can't.