* Dual_IO
@ 2001-06-30 21:33 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-06-30 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hi! Does anyone have in his/her toolbox a kind of Text_IO that
sends everything to Standard_output and a log file ? It's simple
but if I can avoid to do it myself...
TIA

* Re: Dual_IO
@ 2001-07-01 11:30 ` Frank Ranner
From: Frank Ranner @ 2001-07-01 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gautier Write-only-address wrote:

> Hi! Does anyone have in his/her toolbox a kind of Text_IO that
> sends everything to Standard_output and a log file ? It's simple
> but if I can avoid to do it myself...
> TIA
Option 1
myadaprogram | tee log.file

Option 2
script log.file
myadaprogram
exit

If you are using that Windows thing then you can only use option 1. You
can find the gnu tee program on simtel in the shell utils package.

Regards,
Frank Ranner

* Re: Dual_IO
@ 2001-07-01 14:30   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2001-07-01 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3B3F09EC.E22A383D@tpg.com.au>, Frank Ranner <franner@tpg.com.au> writes:
> Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
>>
>> Hi! Does anyone have in his/her toolbox a kind of Text_IO that
>> sends everything to Standard_output and a log file ? It's simple
>> but if I can avoid to do it myself...
>> TIA
> Option 1
> myadaprogram | tee log.file
>
> Option 2
> script log.file
> myadaprogram
> exit
>
> If you are using that Windows thing then you can only use option 1. You
> can find the gnu tee program on simtel in the shell utils package.

That covers Unix (I presume) and Windows, but absent indication
to the contrary, I would expect the poster was looking for a
portable solution, working in all Ada95 environments.

* Re: Dual_IO
@ 2001-07-01 18:32 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-07-01 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Larry Kilgallen

> > If you are using that Windows thing then you can only use option 1. You
> > can find the gnu tee program on simtel in the shell utils package.
>
>That covers Unix (I presume) and Windows, but absent indication
>to the contrary, I would expect the poster was looking for a
>portable solution, working in all Ada95 environments.

Exactly. In fact it should work on OpenVMS and NT at least.
The problem with "tee" (at least the one I have under
hand) is that the result appears only at the end of the program.
A small execution time can be 6 hours, but when something begins
to go wrong it can appear in some minutes.
Thanks for replies and I'll program my Dual_IO (quite trivial!).