* very large number package
@ 2001-06-25 21:54 Jesse Farmer
From: Jesse Farmer @ 2001-06-25 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good, free, package similar to the
Number Theory Library available for c++?
 http://www.shoup.net/ntl/index.html )

Basically, I am looking for a package providing arbitarily long integers,
and matricies that can contain such integers.  It would be nice if
conversions from standard ints to these long ints, all basic operations, and
opertaions that can be optimized (like matrix ^2) were provided.

I'd appreciate any leads on packages like this.  Thank you for your time +
bandwidth.
I really do appreciate the fact that so many experinced Ada programmers take
the time to answer simple questions of new Ada programers like me.

-Jesse Farmer

* Re: very large number package
@ 2001-06-25 23:16 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2001-06-25 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <tjfchcc7mrr8b4@corp.supernews.com>, "Jesse Farmer" <tujuggernaut@gmx.net> writes:
> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a good, free, package similar to the
> Number Theory Library available for c++?

There is one, and I believe it is listed at www.adapower.com.

* Re: very large number package
@ 2001-06-26  8:50 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-06-26  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

You'll find 5 free packages @ http://www.chez.com/bignumber/ .
For matrices, pick a generic matrix package (*), feed your
large int type & ops. and compile the whole with all optimizazion:
cross-unit inlining, loop unrolling etc.

HTH

(*) a limited one on the page below, in mathpaqs.zip