* Re:Counting heads...
@ 2001-06-21 18:03 ANH_VO
From: ANH_VO @ 2001-06-21 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Subject:    Counting heads...
Author: rod_weston@yahoo.com (Rod Weston)
Date:       6/19/01 10:06 PM

I would really love to see a list of Ada programming shops, but I know
that a lot of companies would balk at seeing their name listed in a
newsgroup. But I'm much more interested in how many and their
direction rather than names, so let's try this...  Please fill in the
form below and post it as a reply to this message, hopefully only one
response per shop.

PostalCode  95050
Number of Ada programmers  40   Total Number of programming staff
50
Ada used exclusively?  (Y/N)  No
If No, please list other programming languages with approximate
breakdown by percentage
Ada83/85 = 95%;  C/C++ = 5%
Version(s) of Ada in use  (83/95) Both
Typical Applications (embedded,defense,financial,scientific, other
Embedded plus defense
If other, please specify __________________________________________
Compiler(s) used  APEX Ada95
Development Environment (EMACS,AdaGIDE, etc) APEX environment.
Operating Systems developed for LynxOS
Ada implementation trend (increasing/decreasing/stable) Increasing
Object Oriented Programming (all,mostly,partially,none) Totally Object Oriented
Use of UML  (all,mostly,partially,none) Booch/ROSE and customized code generator
Use of CASE (all,mostly,partially,none) None
Use of SPARK (all,mostly,partially,none) None
Where/How learned Ada Consultant
Ada websites frequented AdaPower and AdaIc.org
How many other Ada shops are you personally aware of? 5
Optional - only if ok'd with company Company Name United Defense LP
From: rod_weston@yahoo.com (Rod Weston)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Sender: comp.lang.ada-admin@ada.eu.org