From: Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: [comp.lang.ada] Re: Need the Same Promotion for Ada
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:29:03 +0200
Date: 2001-06-20T10:29:03+02:00	[thread overview]

On 01-06-17, at 09:32, Gary Scott  wrote:

>> Yes, really awful situation. I don't why, but after writing some projects
>> in Ada, they should be familiar with it, so it should not be easier to
>> them to write Ada code. They writing in Ada, and do not know about GNAT
>> or ADAPOWER?
>
>We use Green Hills almost exclusively.  For some embedded processors, we
>write the OS itself, along with a subcontractor, but for others we use a
>real time OS provided by GH.

I mean self-study. If you are interested in something, you always try to
find some new information, improve your skills, broaden your minds.
It look like they really do not like Ada (you wrote, they say, that
"management is forcing them to use dead language"). Preety bad situation.

>processors to a PowerPC base (now MIPS).  I advise my senior management
>of the error of their ways whenever the opportunity arises, but it falls
>on deaf ears.  The pressure now is from the workforce that wants to
>"maintain its skills at the state of the art" (meaning C++).  No matter
>the facts, "state of the art" is for the most part whatever M$oft says
>it is.

Really bad news. I really don't understand them. Moving from C++ to Ada
is step forward. Moving from Ada to C++ is step backward. I didn't know,
that M$sof can make such a mess in people's brains (a think of programmers).
If it is so, we can have dark future before us.

Mike Nowak
mailto: vinnie@inetia.pl