From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway
Date: 18 Jun 2001 12:27:05 +0200
Date: 2001-06-18T12:27:05+02:00	[thread overview]

Sam> This mail is targeted to the users of the mail to news gateway
Sam> for comp.lang.ada located at

Sam> Many users have requested that I add an automatic [comp.lang.ada]
Sam> prefix to every mail sent by the gateway, so that they can
Sam> distinguish between private e-mail and mail relayed from the
Sam> newsgroup.

Sam> This is now done.

And this has now been reverted :) Dirk Craeynest pointed out that this
would add this [comp.lang.ada] header to every post *in the newsgroup*
posted through the gateway, which is highly undesirable.

People willing to separate comp.lang.ada traffic from private or work
e-mail should use a real filter such as procmail (or your favourite
mail user agent filter if it has one).

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org