* [comp.lang.ada][ADMIN] comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway
@ 2001-06-16 18:10 Samuel Tardieu
       [not found] ` <463qit0vmqsso5k8fqhp54c08hre8trj2o@borpin.co.uk>
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2001-06-16 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

This mail is targeted to the users of the mail to news gateway for
comp.lang.ada located at

Many users have requested that I add an automatic [comp.lang.ada]
prefix to every mail sent by the gateway, so that they can distinguish
between private e-mail and mail relayed from the newsgroup.

This is now done.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

* Re: [ADMIN] comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway
@ 2001-06-18 10:27 ` Samuel Tardieu
       [not found] ` <463qit0vmqsso5k8fqhp54c08hre8trj2o@borpin.co.uk>
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2001-06-18 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Sam> This mail is targeted to the users of the mail to news gateway
Sam> for comp.lang.ada located at

Sam> Many users have requested that I add an automatic [comp.lang.ada]
Sam> prefix to every mail sent by the gateway, so that they can
Sam> distinguish between private e-mail and mail relayed from the
Sam> newsgroup.

Sam> This is now done.

And this has now been reverted :) Dirk Craeynest pointed out that this
would add this [comp.lang.ada] header to every post *in the newsgroup*
posted through the gateway, which is highly undesirable.

People willing to separate comp.lang.ada traffic from private or work
e-mail should use a real filter such as procmail (or your favourite
mail user agent filter if it has one).

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

* Re: [comp.lang.ada][ADMIN] comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway
       [not found] ` <463qit0vmqsso5k8fqhp54c08hre8trj2o@borpin.co.uk>
@ 2001-06-22  8:38   ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2001-06-22  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

On 17/06, Brian Orpin wrote:

| This of course screws threading in 'normal' news readers from the
| USENET side.  CAn they only be added to outgoing mail and stripped
| before posted to USENET?

You must have missed my post dated the day after, where I announce that this
has been reverted :)