From: ANH_VO@udlp.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re[2]: Storage Pool
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:22:07 -0500
Date: 2001-06-13T16:22:07-05:00	[thread overview]

Bob,

Could you elaborate more on your NO answer? I do not have enough evidence to say
either way. However, based on test results from GNAT 3.13p, the answer is yes. I
need to conduct further test using APEX and ObjectAda. If it works as GNAT, I
will post the codes.

A. Vo

Subject:    Re: Storage Pool
Author: Robert A Duff <bobduff@world.std.com>
Date:       6/13/01 10:55 PM

ANH_VO@udlp.com writes:

> Is it correct to assume that Size_In_Storage_Element mod Alignment = 0 for
both
> subprograms Allocate and Deallocate for any type derived from
Root_Storage_Pool
> as shown below

No.  But you can write a storage pool that requires that, and only use
it for types that obey that rule.

I have written storage pools that assume Alignment = 4 (and
pragma-assert so).

- Bob