From: Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: Named Pipe (FIFO) on Win NT
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:09:35 +0200
Date: 2001-05-28T18:09:35+02:00	[thread overview]

>I am trying to port an app from Unix to Win NT (Gnat Ada).
>The app uses Named Pipes to send data between programs.
>Have not been able to find  "mkfifo" or a Windows equivalent to use.
>
>Is there an easy way to do this? It does not need to be elegant or
>bullet-proof.
>(The Win NT version is for development and test only.)
>

>Thanks,
>Peter

You can try with CreateNamedPipe WinAPI function.
Header file: winbase.h
Import library: kernel32.lib

Other function, that can be useful:
CallNamedPipe, ConnectNamedPipe, CreateNamedPipe, CreatePipe,
DisconnectNamedPipe, GetNamedPipeHandleState, GetNamedPipeInfo,
PeekNamedPipe, SetNamedPipeHandleState, TransactNamedPipe,
WaitNamedPipe

You can find more info in MSDN

Vinnie