* Opengl bindings for Gnat
@ 2001-04-17  0:01 Phaedrus
From: Phaedrus @ 2001-04-17  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know where I can find the OpenGl bindings
for Gnat?  Every time I find a link to them it turns out to be
a dead link.

Thanks, in advance!
Phaedrus

* Re: Opengl bindings for Gnat
@ 2001-04-17  2:00   ` Phaedrus
From: Phaedrus @ 2001-04-17  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If it were self contained (Didn't reference any other package(s)) then it
should be the same.  But, for instance, ever taken a look at the bindings
created for ObjectAda?   First of all, the opengl package is implemented
as a child package of the "win32" package, and both rely on a small
mountain of types created in still other packages.  Sure, I could chase it
down and end up with pretty much the same set as ObjectAda, but why
should I?  According to some sites a nice binding is available somewhere
(Darned if I can find it!) for Gnat, which should make it a piece of cake.

In other words, I'm lazy and I'd rather not re-invent the wheel, if at all
possible.

Phaedrus

"Phaedrus" <phaedrusalt@hotmail.com> writes:
> > Does anybody know where I can find the OpenGl bindings
> > for Gnat?
>
> How would one expect them to differ from any OpenGL bindings for Ada ?

* Re: Opengl bindings for Gnat
@ 2001-04-17  2:33 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2001-04-17  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-04-17  7:34 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2001-04-17  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Phaedrus" <phaedrusalt@hotmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody know where I can find the OpenGl bindings
> for Gnat?  Every time I find a link to them it turns out to be
> a dead link.

I have a GLUT and OpenGL demos on my Web site ported to GNAT. It uses the
Win32.Gl package for the OpenGL part.

	http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Opengl bindings for Gnat
@ 2001-04-17  8:53   ` Francisco Javier Loma Daza
From: Francisco Javier Loma Daza @ 2001-04-17  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

El 17 Apr 2001 09:34:17 +0200, Pascal Obry escribi�:

> "Phaedrus" <phaedrusalt@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does anybody know where I can find the OpenGl bindings
> > for Gnat?  Every time I find a link to them it turns out to be
> > a dead link.
>
> I have a GLUT and OpenGL demos on my Web site ported to GNAT. It uses the
> Win32.Gl package for the OpenGL part.
>
>       http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html
>
> Pascal.
>
> --
>
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
> --| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --|         http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry
> --|
> --| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"

    I am working on a radiosity program. It gives the solution using
    OpenGL. I use gnat, gtkada and gtkada-opengl, but there are not a
    unique OpenGL bindings, so I have to write an intermetiate package
    with two bodies, one for Linux OpenGL, and other for Win32.OpenGL.
    Why not only one OpenGL binding? How many OpenGL+Ada are there? May
    be, we have to do a better binding for GNUAda?

--

        Francisco Javier Loma Daza
                                fjloma@isotrol.com

* Re: Opengl bindings for Gnat
@ 2001-04-17 10:40     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2001-04-17 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sounds like the same as GNAT. Thry looking in:

\GNAT\Bindings\Win32Ada