From: Wilhelm.Spickermann@t-online.de (Wilhelm Spickermann)
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: RE: Q re glade for slaves.
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 22:46:28 +0200 (CEST)
Date: 2001-04-08T22:46:28+02:00	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1712 bytes --]

On 08-Apr-01 Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> The solution that I came up with is to create a generic package for
> the
> common code for the slaves, create an instance of that package for
> each
> slave, and have the .cfg file assign each instance to a different
> processor.  However, since the Remote_Call_Interface pragma seems to
You can dynamically add and remove clients even if the machine didn�t
exist when the cfg files were made. But the clients are not accessed by
an RCI -- RCIs are too static. You have to use dispatching calls for
that.

Example:

1. make a pure package ("Places") containing something like
   type Abstract_Place is abstract tagged limited private;
   procedure doit1(Where: access Abstract_Place;...) is abstract;
   procedure doit2(Where: access Abstract_Place;...) is abstract;
   (All the subprograms take a parameter "Where")
   This allows the server to call the subprograms.

2. a "non netwide" package ("Places.Local") containing something
   like:
   type Place is new Abstract_Place with private;
   Override the subprograms with what You need.
   This package is used by the clients. Note that every partition has
   it�s own type "Place".

3. a "non netwide" package("Terminals.Local.Identification") creating a
   variable of that type:
   Id: aliased Places.Local.Place;

4. The client partitions transfer that "Id" as a parameter to the server
   using the servers remote call interface.

5. The server should maintain a list of these ids and use them as
   parameters for all the subprograms which should be executed in the
   client partitions. The call will be dispatched according to the
   Id-Type and so it will use the correct partition.

Wilhelm