* Re: Hangman Program
       [not found] <000a01c0abfd$640e2ca0$ebbfd818@Admin>
@ 2001-03-13 21:00 ` Ted Dennison
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-03-13 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <000a01c0abfd$640e2ca0$ebbfd818@Admin>, Mark Felty says...

(The Mimes have all been squished by invisible anvils)

>Has anyone written a Hangman program in ADA?
Yes.

---

@ 2001-03-13 21:06 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-03-13 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes. Most of us did something like that back in College as a homework
assignment - which is how we got to be highly paid, admired and respected
engineers. :-) We don't generally do homework for students here, so
naturally, I'm suspicious of this request.

If you have some specific language problem or don't understand something
particular while making an honest effort to do the assignment, we can be
helpful here. In the mean time, take an honest crack at implementing it
yourself.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

       [not found] <20010314021202.B9A96191E3@ada.eu.org>
@ 2001-03-14  4:01 ` Mike Brenner
From: Mike Brenner @ 2001-03-14  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

query > ... does anyone have the code for a hangman program? ...

There is one on the Internet at www.python.org.

Details: First download the Python compiler, then download the Python
for Windows libraries, then download the wxpython system. Finally,
download the documentation for the Python language. (That is a total of
4 self-installing executables on a Windows system.) In the demo
directory of the wxPython system is a working hangman program. Run it in
Python first to see how it works, then simply convert the source code to
Ada or jAda.

@ 2001-03-14  9:13 ` Brian Orpin
From: Brian Orpin @ 2001-03-14  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:23:07 +0000 (UTC), mfelty@charter.net ("Mark
Felty") wrote:

>Has anyone written a Hangman program in ADA?

No but plenty of us have written one in Ada <GRD>

--
Brian Orpin    BAE SYSTEMS, Edinburgh
"If you really know C++, there isn't much you can't do with it, though it may

* Re: Hangman Program
       [not found] <000a01c0abfd$640e2ca0$ebbfd818@Admin>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-03-14 15:32 ` John English
From: John English @ 2001-03-14 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mark Felty wrote:
>
> Has anyone written a Hangman program in ADA?

Yes -- all my first year students have done this, just recently.

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

* Re: Hangman Program
@ 2001-03-14 16:43   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-03-14 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3AAF8F00.51EBC7E2@bton.ac.uk>, John English says...

>> Mark Felty wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone written a Hangman program in ADA?
>
>Yes -- all my first year students have done this, just recently.

Are you sure one isn't a little late? :-)

---