* ada compiler for win98??
@ 2001-02-22  5:24 arcele
From: arcele @ 2001-02-22  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of a relativly small download for a free version of a
windows compiler as using emacs on a telnet w/ 56k is not very efficent,
thanks. ryan

* Re: ada compiler for win98??
@ 2001-02-22 11:47 ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 2001-02-22 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

arcele wrote in message <97297h$i9o$1@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>...
>Does anyone know of a relativly small download for a free version of a
>windows compiler as using emacs on a telnet w/ 56k is not very efficent,
>thanks. ryan

Try ftp://cs.ny.edu/pub/gnat also remember to have a look at
http://www.adapower.com/ for DCOM stuff and other goodies.

Greetings,

* Re: ada compiler for win98??
@ 2001-02-22 11:48 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-02-22 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find it at:
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.13p/winnt/

Historically, this folder has been named winnt,
bit win32 would probably be more descriptive.

I use this on win98, as well as NT.

I don't know whether you consider 22 Mb "relatively"
small, but there you have it.

"arcele" <unhuh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a relativly small download for a free version of a
> windows compiler as using emacs on a telnet w/ 56k is not very efficent,
> thanks. ryan

* Re: ada compiler for win98??
@ 2001-02-22 12:16   ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2001-02-22 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

And, unless you already have emacs on your 98 machine...Go download adaGide
as well.
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html

"David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote in message
> You can find it at:
> ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.13p/winnt/
>
> Historically, this folder has been named winnt,
> bit win32 would probably be more descriptive.
>
> I use this on win98, as well as NT.
>
> I don't know whether you consider 22 Mb "relatively"
> small, but there you have it.
>
> "arcele" <unhuh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a relativly small download for a free version of a
> > windows compiler as using emacs on a telnet w/ 56k is not very efficent,
> > thanks. ryan

* Re: ada compiler for win98??
@ 2001-02-22 12:29 gautier
From: gautier @ 2001-02-22 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

David C. Hoos, Sr.:

>Historically, this folder has been named winnt,
>bit win32 would probably be more descriptive.
>
>I use this on win98, as well as NT.

It works well on Win9x but is not developped for it,
i.e. some features can lead to surprises. E.g.,
the symbolic trace-back did not work on 3.13p (fixed now).

Gautier  --  http://www.diax.ch/gdm/