* Manipulator control SW in ADA ?
@ 2001-02-16 11:01 Alexander Aydt
From: Alexander Aydt @ 2001-02-16 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI,
does anyone out there know about an either free or commercially
available software package for controlling manipulators (traject.
generation, inverse kinematics, etc.), that is written in ADA to run
within an rtos environment?

any info appreciated, thanks in advance,

alex q:-)

* Re: Manipulator control SW in ADA ?
@ 2001-02-16 13:34 ` Ken Garlington
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Garlington @ 2001-02-16 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you use MATRIXx, I believe there is support for this...

:

@ 2001-02-16 14:35 ` John Kern
From: John Kern @ 2001-02-16 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Real-Time Workshop Ada Coder apparently allows you to generate Ada code
from Simulink diagrams.

@ 2001-02-16 22:20 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2001-02-16 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexander Aydt <aya@ipa.fhg.de> writes:

> HI,
> does anyone out there know about an either free or commercially
> available software package for controlling manipulators (traject.
> generation, inverse kinematics, etc.), that is written in ADA to run
> within an rtos environment?

I have some Ada 83 code that does all that; wrote it for the Space
Station robot back a few years. It ran on a bare-bones Intel 386
system.

It's not on the web at the moment; send me email and we can discuss
details.

--
-- Stephe

* RE: Manipulator control SW in ADA ?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-02-17  1:40 ` Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. @ 2001-02-17  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

From: Bob Leif
I believe the Livermore laser fusion system is in Ada. If so, the Department
of Energy could release some of the low-level sources. I can understand why
the Government would not wish to make this project open source. However, a
good part of it, such as servo software and stepping motor control, is not
specific to the project.

I might note as a Californian, I believe that expediting this project could
have significant benefit to my standard of living. Opening the sources has
the great virtue of providing free code inspection and help.