From: "Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <rleif@rleif.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: Manipulator control SW in ADA ?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:40:03 -0800
Date: 2001-02-16T17:40:03-08:00	[thread overview]

From: Bob Leif
I believe the Livermore laser fusion system is in Ada. If so, the Department
of Energy could release some of the low-level sources. I can understand why
the Government would not wish to make this project open source. However, a
good part of it, such as servo software and stepping motor control, is not
specific to the project.

I might note as a Californian, I believe that expediting this project could
have significant benefit to my standard of living. Opening the sources has
the great virtue of providing free code inspection and help.