* Client/server
@ 2001-02-16 15:06 Jonas Adolfsson
From: Jonas Adolfsson @ 2001-02-16 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,
I'm working on a robot simulator and need to build a client/server where
the server should be written in Ada. Does anyone know where I can find a
library for UNIX that handles these kind of issues (for instance TCP
connections)?
Thanks in advance,
Jonas Adolfsson, Uppsala, Sweden

* Re: Client/server
@ 2001-02-16 17:56 ` Anders Gidenstam
From: Anders Gidenstam @ 2001-02-16 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3A8D41DD.56556DBA@starwarsfan.com>,
	Jonas Adolfsson <jonas@starwarsfan.com> writes:
> Hallo,
> I'm working on a robot simulator and need to build a client/server where
> the server should be written in Ada. Does anyone know where I can find a
> library for UNIX that handles these kind of issues (for instance TCP
> connections)?

Hello!

A good place to start looking is http://www.adapower.com
For sockets I recommend AdaSockets:
http://www-inf.enst.fr/ANC/

and if you need more OS features (and your system is POSIX compilant) the
Florist POSIX binding is very useful:
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/florist.html

Binaries for at least Linux are available at AdaPower.

Btw. I have a (somewhat confused) behaviorbased robot control system on
my homepage http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d96andgi under the
Autonomous Agents link. (Unfortunatly the report is in swedish)

Best Regards

Anders Gidenstam
"A well-written program is its own heaven;
 a poorly-written program is its own hell."
  - The Tao of Programming

* Re: Client/server
@ 2001-02-16 22:30 ` Hans-Olof Danielsson
From: Hans-Olof Danielsson @ 2001-02-16 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hej!

Pascal Obry has coded a web server in Ada, AWS ( Ada Web Server ), that
might interest you. See http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry. I am using it
for SCADA applications on GNU/Linux.

H�lsnigar
Hans-Olof Danielsson, Danitek AB, Dragspelsv. 20, S-732 32 Arboga, Sweden
Tel: int +46 589 140 38, Email: Hans-Olof.Danielsson@swipnet.se
Web: www.node98.com/danitek, Member of Node98  www.node98.com