From: schwarza@gdls.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Converting from Rational Ada to GNAT 3.13
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:43:18 -0500
Date: 2001-02-13T14:43:18-05:00	[thread overview]

>> Arthur Schwarz:

> e.g. The latest is the use of System.Runtime by Rational and it's
>      rejection by GNAT

>> Rename!

>>  for Rat. : package xyxyxy renames System.Runtime;
>>  for GNAT : package xyxyxy renames zzzzzzzzzzzzzz;

>>    Tried it with the following results:
>>      In Rational package (/appl/.../rational.ss/)ada_krn_defs.1.ada
>>      commenting "with System.Runtime"
>>      and placing: "package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;"
>>      into the package spec ("package Ada_Krn_Defs is")
>>      I remove the error messages (bravo and thanks).

I was premature. Yesterday it worked. Today I'm bemused and
need help.

[1] I'm using Glide (public version) on a Solaris 2.+ system.
    Emacs: GNU Emacs 20.6.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, X toolkit)
[2] GNAT 3.13p

ADP file looks like:
    /../lrm.ss/  -- which contains the file system.runtime.1.ada

ADC file looks like:
    pragma Source_File_Name ( george,         Body_File_Name =>
george.2.ada )
    pragma Source_File_Name ( system.runtime, Spec_File_Name =>
System.Runtime.1.ada )

My code (george.2.ada) is:

with System;

procedure George is
   package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;
begin
   null;
end George;

with the following error:

4.   package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;

  >>> "Runtime" not declared in "System"

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today. It's
probably obvious to the most casual observer, and I'm too
close to the problem. Any ideas on what I could have done
wrong?

art