From: "Beard, Frank" <beardf@spawar.navy.mil>
To: "'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: About lauching files on Win98
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:21:51 -0500
Date: 2001-02-12T17:21:51-05:00	[thread overview]

Stéphane,

The simplest way to launch the program from the application is to use
the WinExec API.  It has been superceded by the more complicated
CreateProcess API, but I doubt if it will go away any time soon,
if ever.

Depending on your Windows API binding (we are using Aonix which I
think uses Intermetrics' binding), it will look something like:

      command : string := "iexplore.exe help.html" & ASCII.NUL;
      status  : WinApi.UINT := 0;

   begin

      status := WinApi.WinExec(lpCmdLine => To_LPCSTR(command),
                               uCmdShow  => WinApiConstants.SW_HIDE);

I don't think you will need the pathname for Internet Explorer,
but you will need to supply it for "help.html".

Hope this helps.
Frank