* Re: Ada on the 8051 - any news?
       [not found] ` <slrn985apa.n6.lutz@taranis.iks-jena.de>
@ 2001-02-08 15:36   ` Andrew Hately
From: Andrew Hately @ 2001-02-08 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:

> * Andrew Hately wrote:
> >I just wondered if "as we keep telling people, there's just no demand"
> >phenomenon might have lead to the introducion of an Ada compiler for the 8051.
>
> Result from my search for a Ada95 compiler for 6502: There is a Ada95
> Compiler producing K&R-C Code.

From whom? Irvine?

Andrew

* RE: Ada on the 8051 - any news?
       [not found] <3A82A42A.E6CFC037@cfmu.eurocontrol.be>
       [not found] ` <slrn985apa.n6.lutz@taranis.iks-jena.de>
@ 2001-02-09  0:22 ` Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. @ 2001-02-09  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

From: Bob Leif
To: Andrew Hately et al.
Do you know if a Java code interpreter has been developed for the 8051? This
is the way UCSD Pascal worked on simple processors by using a P code
interpreter.

I just wondered if "as we keep telling people, there's just no demand"
phenomenon might have lead to the introducion of an Ada compiler for the
8051.

Google seems to indicate not.

thanks
Andrew Hately
(with my Ada-Belgium hat on.)

* Re: Ada on the 8051 - any news?
@ 2001-02-09  9:01     ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 2001-02-09  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew Hately wrote in message <3A82BD0B.79FD51B8@cfmu.eurocontrol.be>...
>Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:
>>
>> * Andrew Hately wrote:
>> >I just wondered if "as we keep telling people, there's just no demand"
>> >phenomenon might have lead to the introducion of an Ada compiler for the
8051.

>> Result from my search for a Ada95 compiler for 6502: There is a Ada95
>> Compiler producing K&R-C Code.
>
>From whom? Irvine?

Possibly. There are more than one doing this. Averstar (where Tucker Taft
works) does one. I don't remember the name of the other company I know which
have one.

Greetings,