From: Christoph Grein <christoph.grein@eurocopter.de>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Wrong SI unit specification
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:51:54 +0100 (MET)
Date: 2001-01-31T06:51:54+01:00	[thread overview]

In this group, where so many people are eager to correct anybody writing
ADA instead of Ada, it astonishes me so often that wrong SI unit names are
used.

Just a late quote:

> (1) On Solaris (>=2.6 or so, I think) the default operating system
>    tick is 10 mS.

mS is NOT Millisecond, it is Millisiemens, where Siemens (in former times also
called Mho) is the inverse of Ohm.

>>> SI units are case-sensitive. <<<

Ms is Megasecond

Also kilo is not K, but k, so Km is wrong.

It just hurts a physicist like an Adavotee hurts seeing ADA.