From: ada_wizard@toadmail.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: limited types in libraries
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:13:04 -0500
Date: 2003-12-11T10:13:04-05:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus <sb463ba@l1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de> writes:

> Sometimes I dearly wanted limited records but was defeated
> by the library that could not store them (storing them was the
> intention):
>
>   type T(x: access D) is tagged limited private;
>
> I want x to be constant plus initialised once and for all,
> so access discriminants are just fine, but T has to
> be limited then. Which would have been o.K., but not every library
> allows this.

Just use the libraries that do; that's why there are more than one!

> What should I do?

If the libraries that do allow limited items don't provide the
functionality you need, help add it.

Or, talk to the authors of the libraries that don't allow limited
items, but do offer the functions you want, about improving them.

SAL (http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/) allows limited items, but
is somewhat lacking in functionality compared to other libraries; want
to help improve it?

--
-- Stephe

This mail sent using ToadMail -- Web based e-mail @ ToadNet