From: "David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
To: <amado.alves@netcabo.pt>,
	"comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org" <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Re: How to debug?
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:27:12 -0500
Date: 2004-05-05T13:27:12-05:00	[thread overview]

The Gnat 3.15 User's Guide says under Binder Switches, the following:

Store tracebacks in exception occurrences when the target supports it. This
is the default with the zero cost exception mechanism. This option is
currently supported on the following targets: all x86 ports, Solaris,
Windows, HP-UX, AIX, PowerPC VxWorks and Alpha VxWorks. See also the
packages GNAT.Traceback and GNAT.Traceback.Symbolic for more information.
Note that on x86 ports, you must not use -fomit-frame-pointer gcc option.

I have not tried this on Windows, as almost all of my work is on Unix/Linux
platforms. Putting an exception handler at the end of the main procedure
and at the end of all tasks works very well for me.  These exception
handlers use the SymbolicTraceback facilities.