From: Duncan Sands <baldrick@free.fr>
To: "Alex Xela" <xela2@free.fr>, comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: using 'storage_size ?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:23:21 +0200
Date: 2003-10-12T20:23:21+02:00	[thread overview]

> Yes, but why does it work when the line 20 is commented?
> It is also working (with or without line 20) with the Aonix compiler
> ObjectAda.

If you don't have line 20, standard storage will be used i.e. the heap.
This can handle much bigger sizes than the stack.  I guess ObjectAda
is not trying to allocate the storage pool on the stack (which sounds
very sensible of them).  I agree it is strange that the compiler does
this - and in fact maybe it doesn't, I'm only guessing it does.

Duncan.