From: "Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com>
To: "'comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway'" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: Best option for portable GUI?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:02:46 -0800
Date: 2003-01-18T21:02:46-08:00	[thread overview]

" XForms is still just a candidate standard.  However, my take is XForms
is a a better HTML forms method, but not necessarily rich enough to
specify a general GUI.  I could be wrong..."
You probably are. Since XForms can work with both XSL and SVG, it has a very
rich environment. It is much more than "a better HTML forms method". It
includes most of the required functionality supplied by JavaScript. The
other required functionality should be supplied by Ada.
XForms is a candidate recommendation, which usually means that it will have
very few changes prior to becoming a W3 standard.
Bob Leif

>> This is now becoming feasible. The next portable GUI should employ
XForms.

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse