From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
To: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Cc: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: span string.
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:01:27 -0400
Date: 2005-04-24T09:01:27-04:00	[thread overview]

"Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net> writes:

> Any chance the RM could be converted to Wiki form so that explanations could
> be added where needed?

There is Ada code that generates the actual RM in various formats from
a Scheme-like markup language. I added a package that outputs TeXInfo
source. It wasn't hard; a few weekend's work.

There is already a module that outputs HTML. I assume Wiki format is
based on HTML.

So yes, it would be quite feasible to write an Ada package for the RM
generator that outputs an initial Wiki.

I'm not interested in actually doing that, but I'd be glad to help
someone get started.

It would be best to wait until the Ada 2006 RM is released; then we'll
have a stable Scheme and Ada code base to work from. That should be
later this year or early next year. However, if someone is inspired
now, I can give you the Ada 95 RM sources.

--
-- Stephe