From: "Carroll-Tech" <andrew@carroll-tech.net>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Embedded Tools
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:06:14 -0700
Date: 2004-03-05T13:06:14-07:00	[thread overview]

> ------------------------------
> From: "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com>
> Subject: Re: Embedded tools
>
> Whats your target h/w?
> Are you planning on using a particular OS?

> ------------------------------
> From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: Embedded tools
>
> There are several.
>
> What host/target are you looking for?

Well, I bought some robotics books (on sale for 1.00$).  In it they use a
16f84 Microcontroller.  That is an "embedded" technology right?

Then it dawned on me that I've seen many, many job openings
for embedded programmers using Ada.  And that tells me that
Ada is the "native" language for "some" processor and that there
is a compiler and libraries/package specs and implementation that might
help me answer other questions.

So, I guess, for comparative reasons and having the books I bought the
target is a 16f84 microcontroller.  I just want to look in the specs and
implementation of the libraries to program embedded "things" with Ada.

Thanks!