From: Rod Kay <rodkay@mullum.com.au>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: [GNAT]  Importing a C/C++ library from within Ada?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:04:08 +1000
Date: 2005-04-24T02:04:08+10:00	[thread overview]

Today 01:11:23 am

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:52 am, conradwt@runbox.com wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering, is there an efficient way to import a C/C++
> library withing Ada on Linux platform using GNAT.  I simply like to be
> able to access the functions/methods from Ada.

    I'm in the middle of building an Ada module for SWIG, which will generate
Ada bindings to C/C++ librarys.

    The module is still in the early stages, but can produce bindings
(currently rather ugly ones) for very simple C and C++ libraries.

    After I work through a majority of the SWIG test suite, and clean up the
code, the module should go into the SWIG cvs, and be available for general
use.

    The initial release will provide support for all of C and simple
inheritance in C++. Exceptions and multiple inheritance, will be catered for
in later versions.

regards,

Rod.