From: Lionel.DRAGHI@fr.thalesgroup.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: RE: GtkAda compile errors (Apex Ada)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:28:32 +0100
Date: 2004-03-05T10:28:32+01:00	[thread overview]

During the preparation of the 2001 Ada-France, to ease the production of
compiler agnostic software with sexy GUI, we tried to compile GtkAda with
ObjectAda and Apex.

We cleanup the code from GNAT specific attributes (and other stuff I don't
remember), but we stopped this effort due to more serious problem
(compilation errors due to different RM interpretation).

Note that GtkAda team was ready to include patch improving compiler
compatibility.
Rational people (can someone confirm?) told us that the compilation error
was due to an ongoing   AI, and that they will retry later to compile.
For ObjectAda, there where also compilation errors, but I don't remember
what.

Note also that Martin Dowie's project "GNAT for ObjectAda" (if I remember
well, I don't have access to the web here) may also ease the porting.

So, maybe this porting will be easier now (but I won't bet on it).
What is clear for me, is that having a portable among compiler GtkAda would
be great for the Ada community.

--
Lionel Draghi