From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
To: "Steve" <cybaflea@hotmail.com>
Cc: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: Pointers, C, Win32 API
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:00:59 -0400
Date: 2005-04-19T20:00:59-04:00	[thread overview]

"Steve" <cybaflea@hotmail.com> writes:

>     // Set up a key(directory info)
>     hCompPort=CreateIoCompletionPort( DirInfo.hDir,
>                                       hCompPort,
>                                       (DWORD) &DirInfo,
>                                        0);

>      // Set up a key(directory info)
>      hCompPort := Winbase.CreateIoCompletionPort(
>                        FileHandle                => DirInfo.hDir,
>                        ExistingCompletionPort    => hCompPort,
>                        CompletionKey             => ?????,
>                        NumberOfConcurrentThreads => 0);
>

> In ADA how do I do what the 'C' example is doing:
> --->    (DWORD) &DirInfo,

I don't have Winbase installed, so I don't know what type
CompletionKey is expecting. Please post the C and Ada declarations of
CreateIOCompletionPort; then I might be able to help more.

In general (as you probably know), '(DWORD) &DirInfo' is taking the
address of DirInfo, and converting it to a 32 bit integer. The direct
equivalent in Ada would be To_Integer_32 (DirInfo'Address) (where
To_Integer_32 is an instantiation of Unchecked_Conversion), but that's
probably _not_ what you want here.

--
-- Stephe