* Free Ada parser
@ 2003-12-09 18:10 J Quirce
From: J Quirce @ 2003-12-09 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am just joining the group after a quite long and discusting weg
search of any kind of "executable ada grammar". I mean, an Ada 95 one
ready for processing by Yacc, Bison or any other more or less
reasonable compiler compiler.

Do you have any idea on where can I get it?

Thanks,

J. Quirce

* Re: Free Ada parser
@ 2003-12-11 14:50 ada_wizard
From: ada_wizard @ 2003-12-11 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

jesus.quirce.garcia@esa.int (J Quirce) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am just joining the group after a quite long and discusting weg
> search of any kind of "executable ada grammar". I mean, an Ada 95 one
> ready for processing by Yacc, Bison or any other more or less
> reasonable compiler compiler.
>
> Do you have any idea on where can I get it?

Depending on why you want an Ada parser, there are other approaches to
consider.

The GNAT compiler, obviously, has an Ada parser. Since it is open
source, you can use it.

OpenToken
(http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/OpenToken/OpenToken.html)
provides an Ada grammar (but only at the lexical level; the parse
level for Ada is quite complex, you know :).

And then there is ASIS (available for GNAT); it lets GNAT parse (and
compile) the source code, and provides an API for you to query the
results.

So, what do you plan to do with your parser after you find it?

--
-- Stephe

This mail sent using ToadMail -- Web based e-mail @ ToadNet